Flying^cow

Flying^cow
Love this pic at the 1st sight... This flying cow flies to look for it's dreams & hope... I hope one day, I'll be able to fly and find my freedom & dream too...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Education

What is education? Is education an important part in your life? Since young, we've been exposed to STUDY STUDY STUDY for around 20 years but do we really know the purpose of education?


I'm now nearly two years older from the age of a quarter of century and still STUDYing. 

In primary school, I study is to get good result, to please teachers and parents, and to get praises. 

In lower secondary, I study is to get a better position in class and to maintain in the best class. 

As for in Form 6, I study is to get a place in public university. 

Well, it continues in university, I study is to get a degree certificate. 

Afterthat, I continue with diploma in teaching just to get a cert, or a license to teach as a trained teacher. 


NOW, 
I'm pursuing MED, Master in Education. Initially, I took this course to get a better pay in my career. But now, thanks to the course, I've been thinking are we comfortable with our current education system or do we need to change?

In Malaysia, education was implemented quite nicely until the era of debating about the language in the two subjects. Until now, the new curriculum that had been implemented was not even planned properly. We, teachers were confused and even doubt the ability of people who planned the new curriculum.

Other than the ministry, parents and students' thinking nowadays are the main factors too. 
I'm currently in a college that my beloved is studying in and seeing all the students remind me of my degree time. The only different thing is that this is a private college that required higher tuition fees compare to public university. Normally, parents with better living lifestyle are able to send their kids to this place. I can see branded cars driving by the college by the students that did not even reach the age of 2 decades. All the latest phone models required half of my one month salary were being hold by them. 

People have been comparing and complaining. Now even education were being compared and complained too. But in my opinion, education is for all. Everyone should have the chance to get education no matter how poor or how rich they are. 
The ways of getting the education might me different but education will be even worthy if we strive harder to get it. 


I love my current university motto..
~ Education for all, University for all ~








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your beloved's college fees are not that expensive, almost as low as public universities fees. Even IPTA students have expensive cars and expensive phones now lah. Not only private uni/colleges.